Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WERE WE THE ONLY ONES NOT IN ST. BARTH'S FOR NYE?

Maybe watching the annual Prospect Park fireworks from our chilly Park Slope rooftop wasn't the chicest way to spend New Year's eve.... but, it was a night filled with great friends and even better cocktails.

Fashion Week Daily gave us a little glimpse into the fétes had by some of our favorite designers....

Lela Rose: "I only do quiet new years. My family and I had dinner with friends over at my parent's house in Willow Wood. I made a roasted lamb with rosemary, currants and orange, giant gougere puffs, and coffee souffle with homemade coffee ice cream. They went well with our pomegranate margaritas!"

Irene Neuwirth: "After three months of traveling for trunk shows, I ended up spending my new years eve in Telluride, Colorado, where my family has a home. Myself and seven of my friends went skiing, snow shoeing, but for the actual night we drank wine, cooked an unbelieveable dinner and played 'running charades.' I must say... it was the best new year's so far!"

Philip Crangi: "I spent it in the best way possible: with my closest friends over a fantastic dinner."

Jeffrey Monteiro: "My partner and I were at our house in Delaware County with friends. We managed to get a bonfire going that night and ended it with a snow ball fight."

Rachel Comey: "I drank a bottle of Cava with my patternmaker and we painted our nails. Then I put on an insanely flowered outfit and party hopped a bit in NYC."

Geren Lockhart, Geren Ford: "St. Barth's, 2nd shortest runway in the world supposedly, Sun, Rain, Convertible Smart, Eden Rock Cocktails, Marc Jacobs at dinner with Rachel Zoe and their spouses, Pink Champagne, Good French Food, Pharmacy Visits, Beach Days, Saline & Gouvenour. NYE late night swim at Shell Beach yachts twinkling in the distance surrounding the bay, Private view of the only fireworks that ended up going off!, Yacht filled harbor then empty harbor because of the swell. La Plage, Russell Simmons (we saw him so often that either he's stalking me or I'm stalking him)... Blythe's black eye, Dr. visits, Maya's to go--YUM! Crepes, Pina Coladas. Swimming in our pool, and hanging out in the pool smoking what seems to be my last cigarettes while reading the marathon training book. Sweet Villa with amazing views, a neighbor that provided daily DJ services free of charge. Buzz on the island about Abramovitch's party, U2? Prince? Ended up being Beyonce from what we hear...but thank god we didn't try to crash since there are rumored snipers protecting the property. St. Barth's is paradise..." For other designer's new year's eve celebrations, check out the full story at Fashion Week Daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment